Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm living in the midst of "Winter Frolic Week" a pride week at my school. Part of the whole package next to themed days and athletic events is the obvious "court" four couples voted on by the their peers grades 9-12. At a Monday morning assembly I learned that OMG! I made it! I'm on the court! My excitement could barely be contained. Sarcasm doesn't really work on these posts I suppose, but I was trying to be sarcastic. I guess it's kind of cool that I'm well liked and that my fellow court members aren't the typical characters in a hollywood chick flick. The captain of the football team didn't make it, but a kid going to yale. The cheerleader isn't there either but a girl in the top 10 percent of our class. In fact the only real jock is one of the other girls. She's super cool and really fast in track. But for the most part we all just seem pretty average. The big finale comes on Friday with the "dance off". My partner Anna and I started practicing tonight, we're going for humor since neither of us are very skilled dancers. The thing I've learned is that there is so much hype put on being elected to this court but I don't really feel any different and it's just alot of extra work. I wanna win just because I've already put this much work into the whole thing I may as well go all the way. So go "Couple #1" Anna and Fred, let's be awesome and win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home